Saturday, March 27, 2010

Decisions

Ever thought about how many times during the course of your normal daily routine you must make a decision?

What am I going to wear today?
Which shoes?
Purse or no?
Where did I leave my car keys?
What am I cooking for dinner?
Can we afford to eat out tonight?

Then of course, there's my all-time favorite - real sugar or artificial sweetener?

That's extremely helpful to know when it involves making lemonade from those lemons life hands you.

My own answer to that decision is always an easy one.  Real sugar.  Why?  Because nothing is colder on a long hot summer day than a cold beer.  But I don't drink beer, so for me, it's lemonade or nothing. That means real sugar because it makes more sense to me to put something real into my body rather than something artificial.

Too many calories?  Too much fat?  So?  What else is new?  You didn't worry about too much fat when you ate that brownie at work, did you?  Or how about when you went to lunch and had a nice diet-friendly salad?  How much salad dressing did you use?  How many crackers did you eat with those croutons?

I've been fat most of my life, and you know what?  I don't really care.  I've tried all sorts of diets and nothing worked.  I'm 60 now, and there are other more important things than losing weight.

Go ahead and eat that piece of chocolate cake.  Just don't eat the whole cake at one time.

Everything in moderation.

Okay... next decision.  Turn the dishwasher on or wait for a few more items to go in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment