Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh no! Not Another One

Have you heard the news this morning?  A small plane has crashed into a building in Austin, Texas.  Not just any building - this building housed the FBI offices.  Obviously, it's too early to know details.  According to a FOX News Alert that came to my inbox this morning, the pilot had set his house on fire before crashing his plane into that building.

I can't watch the news.  I'll have to rely on the alerts that FNC and CNN send to me.  I don't want to watch another plane fly into another building as long as I live. It's just too traumatic for me.

Besides, I have other things to do this morning.  Like a little house cleaning maybe.  Or take the old newspapers up to the office for the recycle bin.  Or maybe I'll put a pot of pinto beans on the stove to cook.  Anything other than watching the news reports. 

Get a grip, people!  What's going on here is terrorism.  It doesn't matter whether or not the pilot of that small plane is an American citizen who is having marital problems.  It doesn't matter if he's disgruntled with Texas State government - or the Federal government for that matter.  The point is, this man, whoever and whatever he is, sought to kill himself and decided that someone would notice that he had lived.  So he crashed his plane into a building where hundreds if not thousands of people were working this morning.  Going about their daily work routine.  And this terrorist decided that he would make life difficult for those people as well.

I haven't heard if anyone else has been hurt or killed.  That would make it even worse.  What matters here is that someone, somewhere at some time has got to recognize this for what it is - a terrorist attack.  Do you really think the people in that building were not terrorized when the building shook and they heard the explosion?

No political correctness for me!  This man was a terrorist, and this WAS a terrorist event.  Call it what it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment